Helpful Hints From Those with Experience Using Genuine Essiac
New to Essiac Tea? No Worries. We've Got You!
We want to make it as easy for you as possible to get started with essiac tea, so please check out these helpful hints! There is no need for you to reinvent the wheel.
You Can Change the Taste of Essiac If You Wish
If you are not fond of the taste, you can mix your essiac serving with unsweetened fruit or vegetable juice. Use as much as you want! Many people find this to be a temporary need and they eventually get used to the taste on it's own, but in the beginning it can be a life saver! You can also add stevia and/or lemon juice if you prefer. Purchase organic stevia here. Some folks add a sprig of mint to the pitcher. Experiment and see what you like best!
Beware of Companies That Use Additives and Preservatives in Their Essiac
There are no additives in this essiac put in to make it taste "better." Many other brands use additives which might change the taste, but could also reduce the effectiveness. Our natural essiac has a "grassy" taste that some find to be slightly bitter. It's also good to know that the batches tend to vary in taste since we don't use additives or preservatives. Just like with organic produce, each batch and each season can carry a little bit of a different look and feel. That is what natural food is like!
Other Tips From Genuine Essiac Users (join our Facebook Group by clicking here).
- There are methods available if you need to deal with the aftertaste. Some folks settle upon rinsing their mouth out with juice right after taking essiac to eliminate any aftertaste. You can even try holding your nose while you drink it down. Again - this is usually only a temporary measure until you grow accustomed to the taste.
- If you dislike taking things cold straight out of the fridge, we have a solution. You can take it out of the fridge 15 minutes before you'll be ready to drink. Pour your serving into a cup and leave it out for the 15 minutes. This might make it easier to drink. Avoid heating the essiac up after it's been brewed, as that risks overprocessing it.
- You will likely notice a variation in taste, color, texture and thickness of your brewed essiac from batch to batch. This is completely normal! Each harvest of herbs varies somewhat due to ever-changing soil and climate conditions. Rest assured, we test each and every batch to make sure the quality is top notch. All herbs are tested for purity and quality at every step of the way. All the herbs are pesticide free, insecticide free, herbicide free, and non-irradiated.
- There are strategies available to be sure you get to take your tea three times per day on the empty stomach. We recommend: drinking a serving immediately upon waking up in the morning (and waiting at least 1 hr. to have breakfast), drinking a serving at least 2 hrs. after lunch, and drinking a serving at least 2 hrs. after dinner. If you are away from home during the day, take the essiac along with you in a thermos with a couple of ice cubes. You can also take a serving in the middle of the night if you happen to wake up and that is more convenient for you
- How long you choose to take the tea is up to you. However, we notice that most of our customers who are satisfied took it daily for at least six months.
- You can take supplements and medications at the same time as the essiac. Also, you can take as much water as you like anytime. You can also drink coffee (black) or tea (unsweetened) during the "empty stomach" time.
Giving Essiac to Pets: It's Totally Do-Able!
We even have tips for giving this tea to finicky pets.
- For cats, you can try a syringe, or you can add a tiny bit of cat wet food combined with a few drops of "tuna water." Many cats will lap it right up with those two things added in! Save the tuna water from your tuna cans that you've eaten from and keep it in the fridge.
- For dogs you can mix it with low sodium broth (be sure there are no onions or garlic) or powder beef gravy. Most animals prefer the tea to be closer to room temperature rather than straight out of the fridge.
- For more information on giving essiac to pets including how much to give, visit this page.
Order Your Own Supply of Essiac Tea Today
Be careful when comparing price with companies who sell only a couple of weeks' worth at a time - we sell enough to last months at a time which saves you a ton of money.
It costs less than $1 per day to use our essiac - the best price you'll find anywhere!