Check Out Our Easy Essiac Tea Brewing Instructions
Note: We highly suggest that you brew essiac tea yourself rather than purchase essiac already made. Not only will you save lots of money, but you will be getting a more effective product. When you make essiac yourself you'll know that it's fresh and that it's free of additives and preservatives. This is exactly how Rene Caisse recommended the tea be used. You can read more about the differences between premade essiac and the kind you brew yourself here.
Brewing Essiac Takes Just Ten Minutes Once Every Two Weeks
It's not difficult or time-consuming to brew essiac tea when you use powdered herbs, which is the method that Rene Caisse used and recommended. You can see her using powdered herbs in this video at the 20 minute mark. We include instructions for your convenience along with each order. Each packet of essiac also has a label with instructions.
Some folks decide that they would prefer to buy the herbs separately and blend them themselves. We don't recommend this, because even if you knew the correct ratio of the eight herb formula (this formula is not in the public domain) and also had access to the proper equipment and facilities to mix them thoroughly and in a sanitary fashion, you would still spend more money and time and have a larger margin of error than if you simply bought the pre-blended formula from us. You can purchase our essiac tea by clicking here.
We sell such large quantities of herbs that we are able to get them supplied to us less expensively. This is good news for you, because it means you can have convenience AND a low price with no extra work on your part! We have put everything together for you and made it easy for so that all you have to worry about is remembering to brew your essiac tea at home when you notice that you're running low. And since consistency is the most important part of taking essiac, the ease of using our product will be a big help!
HOW TO BREW ESSIAC
Keep in mind, the goal is to make enough tea to last 2 weeks. The tea does not work better when it is made more often. On the contrary, best results occur when you follow the instructions to make the larger size batch as it reduces margin of error. Most people will be drinking 3 oz. three times per day, which means the gallon will last two weeks when one adult is using the essiac.
How Many Times Per Day To Take Essiac
Just as Rene Caisse recommended, we recommend that you take essiac 3 times per day if your goal is to improve your health and 3 oz. twice per day if your goal is preventive or to maintain your present health.
Please note: Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on if you plan to drink the tea twice per day or three times per day. Steps 3 thru 5 are the same regardless of how many times per day you'll take essiac.
How to Brew a Gallon of Essiac Tea (for the vast majority of adults who choose to drink the tea at 3 oz. three times per day).
2-Week Supply when drinking Essiac three times per day
1. Bring 132 oz. (1 gallon plus 4 oz. to account for evaporation) of pure water to a boil and reduce to a simmer (in most climates and with most stoves this will mean the heat is left on medium).
2. Add 4 oz. dry weight (113 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. Please actually weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (a very rough approximation of 4 oz. dry herbs - which weighs 113 grams - is 1 1/4 cups of herbs when using dry measurement cups instead of a kitchen scale. If you don't already have one, please purchase a small inexpensive home kitchen scale as soon as possible as it much more precise since the herbs settle making measuring difficult). If you buy our individual 4 oz. packets it means you won't need to measure anything, but you will need to measure if you decide to purchase bulk 1 lb. bags.
You can see recommended supplies as well as how to purchase an inexpensive kitchen scale here.
How to Brew 2/3rds of a Gallon of Essiac Tea (for the adults who drink the tea at 3 oz. twice per day).
2-Week Supply when drinking Essiac twice per day.
1. Boil 88 oz. of pure water in a large pot.
2. Add 2.67 oz. (75 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount. A rough approximation if you have to use dry measurement cups is a rounded 1/2 cup.
How to Brew a Quart (For small children or small animals, or adults who drink the tea twice per day)
1. Boil 34 oz. of pure water in a large pot.
2. Add 1 oz. (28 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. It's best to weigh the herbs, but a heaping 1/4 dry measurement cup is an estimate.
Here are the rest of the instructions (for any of the different sized batches):
3. Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer (at a low boil) for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. You may keep a cover on the pan with just a bit of air exposed to reduce evaporation, but it's not necessary.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. After the 12 hours have passed, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture and pour it into a container of your choice. Open top containers work well for convenience when you need to stir the tea before pouring each dose to distribute the herbs that have settled. Refrigerate the tea. You can use any type of jar or pitcher that you'd normally use for iced tea.
You can stir the container with a large spoon before pouring each serving in order to distribute the herbs so that you are able to drink some of the herbs each time, and that means there will be no herbs left at the end of the batch. You can try shaking the container, but stirring usually works best.
Do not try to brew essiac tea to last more than two to three weeks in advance. Your essiac will stay good for 2-3 weeks, but after that you should consider making a fresh batch of tea.
If you find it difficult to drink essiac straight, you may mix your essiac tea with all-natural fruit or vegetable juice. It's best to consume the essiac as-is (cold). Heating it up risks overprocessing it. If you absolutely can't take the essiac cold, you may leave a serving out on the counter at room temperature for an hour or so before drinking it.
Always drink essiac on an empty stomach. This means you need to avoid eating two hours before and one hour after drinking essiac. Example: If you finish eating breakfast at 8am, you can have essiac at 10am and then you can have a snack if you wish at 11am.
If you must eat and take essiac at the same time, that is much better than skipping your essiac entirely. You can take black coffee, tea or any other beverage free of added sugar and protein, as well as any supplements or medications during the "empty stomach" time. You can even take other supplements that also must be taken on an empty stomach at the same time as your essiac.
I can't reiterate this enough: Do not toss the herbs at the bottom of the container! They are to be consumed.
The herbs are an important part of this tea and should be consumed. Therefore, please do not strain and throw out the particles at the bottom (some describe it as "mud" or "sludge"). It's supposed to be a substantial amount of herbs and it's supposed to be thick and "goopy." It's important to get some of these particles into your body during each and every serving. The most effective way to do this for most people is to use a large wooden spoon to stir the pitcher before pouring each dose. It's OK to leave the pitcher open while it's left in the fridge. You can leave the top entirely off. Stirring tends to work better than shaking especially when the pitcher is full.
Drink 3 oz. of essiac two to three times per day. More detailed instructions on how much to drink for varying circumstances are sent along with your order.
Purchase Your Own Supply of Essiac Tea by Clicking Here.